Our Commitment To You
You are at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect and putting you in control. It’s important that you know what personal information YouthMundus (known here as “we” or “YM”) collects about you, and how we use it. We’ve done our best to make our explanations short and easy to understand. But, if you’d like further information, or have any questions, please contact us. If we ever make any major changes to our privacy practices, we’ll let you know. If necessary, we’ll also ask for your permission.
Your choices and rights under each scenario are explained in more detail below.
What information we have and where we collect it from
We collect and store different types of information about you when you create an account, buy tickets, contact us, and use our websites, apps and social media, for example:
- When you create an account, purchase a product from us (such as a ticket, or merchandise), we will collect your contact and billing information.
- When you purchase tickets to one of our events, or an event for which we are a co-promoter, we will receive your information from ticket agents used to sell tickets for our promoted and co-promoted events, or the venues we hire to put on the event. This includes your name, contact details and ticket purchase information, such as number of tickets bought and seat number(s).
- When you attend one of our events, we may collect your information via (i) video surveillance cameras (we use signs where such cameras are used), (ii) from our free Wifi (if you register to use it) and, if available, via cashless payment wristbands which can be used to access events and to make purchases onsite at the event.
- When you use our websites or apps, we collect information such as the browser and device you’re using, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, what you did and didn’t use our site/app for, or the site you visit when you leave us.
- When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post to social media platforms, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
- If you have accessibility requirements, we want to make sure you have the best experience when attending events. To do this, we need to collect details of your requirements (which may involve you providing information about your mental or physical health).
- In the few instances where we collect personal information from children (under 18), we always seek parental consent and will only ever collect such information for the purposes specified when we collect it.
- We collect information directly from you. For example, if you buy tickets or register for a promotion. We also collect information if you post a comment on our websites or ask us a question.
- We collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons. To learn more about these tools and to control them, please click here. We also collect information from our apps.
- We get information about you from third parties. For example, if you use a social media feature within our websites or apps or post to a social media platform, the social media site will give us some information about you.
- When you enter into a contract with us (for example to buy merchandise or a ticket) so we can process your order, take payment, and provide you with customer support
- For our legitimate business interests to conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services, for our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing, to send you customer service emails including booking confirmations and event reminders, to prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our or our Event Partner’s brands), fraud, or other crimes.
- To ensure the security of our and our Event Partners’ operations where you’ve given your consent.
- To contact you with information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, via SMS, or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time.
- To conduct crowd management analytics – some of our apps use crowd management software so we can see how many people are at a particular stage, or when the busiest times at the bars are.
- This helps us more efficiently allocate our resources. We turn this on shortly before the festival or event, and turn it off shortly after so we’re not tracking devices when we don’t need to.
- To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and app, see our Cookies Policy for more information.
- To process your health data to meet your accessibility requirements, where specifically required and explicit consent is provided.
- Within the family of companies who provide services for us such as marketing, profiling, reporting and technical support.
- Our third-party service providers (sometimes known as data processors) such as cloud computing providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built.
- We will share information with our business partners. This includes a third party who provides an event such as the artist, promoter or team, or sponsors an event, or who operates a venue where we hold events. Our partners use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies, which may include sending you marketing communications. You should read those policies to learn how they treat your information.
- Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you so that they can process and fulfil your orders. We will disclose your information to a ticket buyer or seller for order fulfillment purposes if you buy or sell tickets via our resale platform, or with a third party who provides you with ticket insurance or merchandise, for example.
- Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud.Any successor to all or part of our business.
- We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy. We will tell you before we do this.
- Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission
- EU-US Privacy Shield
- Binding Corporate Rules
- Binding Corporate Processor Rules
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any marketing email you get from us. You can also change your preferences in your account. It may take about ten days to process your request. Even if you opt out of getting marketing emails, we will still be sure to send you transactional messages. For example, we may still contact you about your orders.
- You can modify information you have given us. To correct or delete information or update account settings, log into your account and follow the instructions. We make changes as soon as we can. This information may stay in our backup files. If we cannot make the changes you want, we will let you know and explain why. If you contact us requesting access to your information, we will respond within 30 days.
- To object to personalisation you can change your preferences within your account. If this option is not available you can contact us and we will do it for you.
- The right to object to our processing of your data.
- The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit checking). We don’t typically carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
We collect information in different ways:
How We Use Your Information and Why
We collect and use your information for lots of reasons such as helping you get into the shows you love, sharing news, for marketing and as otherwise required by law. This section explains how we use your information and the legal basis on which we use it.
We use your information:
Who We Share Your Data With and Why
We may share your information with our Partner(s) – such as the artist, promoter, record label, team or venue – as well as other third parties associated with the service provided, for example:
Looking After Your Information
We have security measures in place to protect your information. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. If you think that an unauthorized account has been created using your name, contact us as soon as possible.
Our security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected. We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
As a part of a global group of companies, we rely on shared services, some of which are located outside of Europe. At the same time, when world-class acts are touring, in order to provide you a seamless experience, your information may be transferred internationally. When transferring information in this way, there are strict rules in place to ensure your data is still protected to a high standard. Where we do this, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place. Where your information is transferred outside of the European Economic Area, we will use one of the mechanisms listed below:
For more information, or to get a copy of the relevant documentation please contact us.
Your Choices and Rights
You have certain choices about how we use your information:
Among your rights, you can choose whether to receive marketing from us. You also have the right to access the information we have about you:
To exercise any of the above rights please contact us. Please note that whilst we will carefully assess every request we receive, your rights may differ according to your place of residence and we may not always have to comply. When this happens, we will explain why.
We may link to third party sites or services we don't control
What we will do if there is an update to this policy
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any material changes to this policy as may be required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.
Questions and Feedback
If you have any questions or feedback about this policy, or how we handle your information, please do get in touch with us.